Update: still confused! #artsuad16 is taking place in Gothenburg, and doesn’t offer owt to excite
I’m planning on restarting my event reports series in 2016. #artsaud15 feels like a good place to start, ticking as it does the dansk, museums and urban boxes.
Arts and Audiences is a Nordic meeting point for cultural leaders, artists, artistic directors, curators, producers, learning managers, communication managers, cultural architects and strategists who want to find new ways to extend audience engagement. Arts and Audiences 2014-16 are produced by CKI (the Danish Centre for Arts and Interculture; Facebook) in collaboration with…other partners.
Thank goodness that’s sorted. I never quite worked it out in 2014 (p5), where an attempt at creating a digital audience experience fell rather flat. This year it’s in Copenhagen, from 2-3 December, with the theme of New urban challenges (programme | speakers | Facebook | @artsaa) and a cover pic of people climbing ropes (it’s taking place at AFUK). Anything of interest?
Some interesting factoids to start:
- the creative and experience industries are the second largest economic sector in Denmark with a turnover of more than DK 200 billion
- more than 60 % of cultural turnover is generated in the CPH metropolitan area, home to a third of the population
- every year the population of the metropolitan area increases with the equivalent of a medium sized Danish town
- in the City of Copenhagen alone the population is growing by approx 1200 new citizens (sic) a month
- nearly 2 million people live in the metropolitan area, of whom about 430,000 – between one in four and one in five – have their childhood and/or cultural background outside Denmark.
- in urban Copenhagen the average age is now down to about 38 years against 54 in the rest of the country
Since 2007 Kulturstyrelsen has run a national user survey of museums in Denmark. Need to run this down.
Most of the speakers are in my demographic – there’s not much sign of the young or the ethnic, just sayin’. In the evening of Day 1 they decamped to Folehaven for Tina Enghoff’s 7 x DIALOGUES.
Day 2 didn’t yield much, and with a total of 70 tweets for the two days it’s clear amplification wasn’t part of the event strategy. Plus ça change. Coming along on 15 Dec in Kunsten.nu though, here’s a report.